What’s On in The Cotswolds 2018
2018 is packed with a wide range of events in the Cotswolds for all the family. There is plenty going on in the Cotswolds throughout the year. Ranging from world famous international festivals like the Cheltenham Festivals in Cheltenham Spa which include the Science, Literature and Music Festivals and Cheltenham Gold Cup Week at Cheltenham Racecourse, to quirky events like the Cotswold Olimpick Games at Dover’s Hill or Tetbury Wool Sack Races.
Major musical events also include the Wilderness Festival, Longborough Festival Opera, Cornbury Festival or the Big Feastival, as well as many other events featuring food, music, exhibitions, arts and literature festivals and theatrical productions. Not to be missed in Broadway is the 2018 Broadway Arts Festival in June!
Spring Events in The Cotswolds
- The festival season in Cheltenham kicks off in March with the jump racing and the excitement of Gold Cup Day.
- Easter sees the opening of Broadway Station and steam trains returning to Broadway and ‘Easter Eggspress’ trains.
- Families can enjoy Easter egg hunts at many Cotswolds’ attractions including Newark Park, Wootton-under-Edge.
- Badminton Horse Trials and Cheltenham Jazz Festival are some of the largest festivals taking place in the spring.
- Quirky Cotswolds events include the famous Cheese Rolling at Cooper’s Hill and the Tetbury Woolsack Races both taking place on 28th May 2018.
Summer Events in The Cotswolds
- Broadway Arts Festival celebrating the village’s artistic heritage takes place from 8th – 17th June 2018.
- Families will also enjoy the Times Science Festival in Cheltenham and the Wychwood Music Festival.
- Look out for magical Giffords Circus as it travels its way around the Cotswolds. Giffords will be performing in nearby Winchcombe from 17th – 21st May.
- Other key events include the The Cotswolds Show in Cirencester, The Three Counties Show near Malvern, Tewkesbury Medieval Festival, Longborough Festival Opera and the Royal International Air Tattoo at Fairford.
Autumn Events in The Cotswolds
- Heritage Days in the Cotswolds see some attractions, not normally open to the public, open their doors.
- The brilliant leaf colours of Westonbirt Arboretum and nearby Batsford Arboretum amaze.
- The Times and The Sunday Times Cheltenham Literature Festival is the flagship festival of the autumn.
Winter Events in The Cotswolds
- During the winter months you’ll find carpets of snowdrops at Painswick Rococo Gardens, Colesbourne and Newark Park.
- The Cheltenham Folk Festival and Gloucester Cajun & Zydeco Festival add a touch of spice to the proceedings.
Christmas Events in The Cotswolds
- Christmas Late Night Shopping Evenings take place in Broadway the last Friday in November and the first Friday of December.
- Christmas markets appear in towns and villages such as Cheltenham, Cirencester and Gloucester.
- Westonbirt Arboretum lights up its acres of trees for Enchanted Christmas.
Our Cotswold Holiday Cottages in The Cotswolds
Inside our Cotswold holiday cottages and on-site information room you’ll find a wide selection of leaflets, books and other information to help you make the most of your stay in Broadway and the Cotswolds.