The Broadway Arts Festival 2018 will be taking place in and around the village of Broadway from 8th to 17th June 2018. The beautiful Cotswold village of Broadway is a renowned centre for the arts with a unique artistic heritage of a world famous colony of artists the ‘Broadway Colony’. The Broadway Colony was a group of American artists, writers and musicians who visited and worked in Broadway in the late 19th century.
Broadway Arts Festival 2018 Events
The Broadway Arts Festival during June 2018 will offer a huge selection of events for all the family including: celebrity talks, art workshops and demonstrations, art exhibitions including an open art exhibition, a WW1 Exhibition, music including a ‘Come & Sing’ choral workshop, and theatre of the highest quality.
Broadway Artbeat Weekend will take place during the first week of the Festival from 8th-10th June – an exciting weekend event featuring artists and craftsmen demonstrating their skills, with specialist demonstrations led by some of the country’s most renowned contemporary artists.
During the evening of 14th June, Heartbreak Productions will be bringing romance to the village with their performance of ‘Pride and Prejudice’ in a tent on the village green.
Featured guests during the Festival will include:
- Sir Roy Strong CH FRSL, Patron of the Festival, in conversation with Tristram Hunt, the current Director of the V&A.
- Richard Ormond the grandson of Violet Sargent Ormond, sister of John Singer Sargent. Richard, historical advisor to the Festival, will be giving a talk on the Art and Adventures of John Singer Sargent.
- John Julius Norwich (2nd Viscount Norwich CVO) who will be giving a talk on his latest book The Art of France.
- Leading art critic Andrew Graham Dixon.
- Artist, writer and broadcaster Lachlan Goudie who recently present the BBC’s Big Painting Challenge.
- Author Guy Fraser Sampson whose books include the Mapp and Lucia series.
- Violinist and composer Ben Powell in concert.
- Award-winning author Donna M. Lucey whose works include the bestselling Archie and Amelie: Love and Madness in the Gilded Age and Sargent’s Women.
Broadway Arts Festival Tickets
Tickets for Broadway Arts Festival events this June will be on sale later in the year – more information about the Broadway Arts Festival 2018 can be found at: www.broadwayartsfestival.com.
Accommodation during the Festival
Our Cotswold holiday cottages on West End are just a few minutes’ walk from the centre of the village. Our self-catering holiday cottages are an ideal location to stay whilst visiting the Festival. For more information about our cottages in Broadway visit www.broadwaymanor.co.uk.