This Privacy Notice explains how we at Broadway Manor Cottages, The Manor House, West End, Broadway WR12 7JP, use and store any personal information we collect about you and how we protect your privacy when doing so.
Broadway Manor Cottage is a family-run business letting holiday cottages and a holiday apartment within the grounds of The Manor House, Broadway. Our use of personal information allows us to offer a professional and personal service to our guests to ensure that the have the best possible holiday.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including: your IP address, geographical location, operating system, browser type, version, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation.
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of making a booking with us which may come via this website, email, telephone, SMS or through a third party booking agent.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website and persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
If you want to disable cookies on your web browser (such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer), just click the ‘Help’ menu in the toolbar. This should guide you on how to change the settings on your browser, and how to disable cookies completely. Blocking all cookies may, however, have a negative impact upon the usability this website. See www.aboutcookies.org for more information.
Using your personal information
- Administer the website.
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
- Enable your use of the services available on the website.
- Send to you goods or supply services to you purchased via the website or directly from us.
- Contact you regarding your booking, send statements, booking confirmations and invoices to you, and collect payments from you.
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications.
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
- Send to you our marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
- Deal with enquiries and complaints you get in touch with us about.
- Enable the Audit and administration of our accounts.
- Establish, enforce or defend legal claims.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
International Data Transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries including the United States, Japan, and other countries which have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your Personal Information
We care about your privacy and will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide either on our secure password and firewall protected servers or if on paper (for example on our booking forms) in a secure location. We have specific guidelines in place to determine how long we keep hold of your personal data. These are determined both by legal and operational considerations. As an example we are required to keep some of your information for tax purposes.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you which we will provide unless legal exceptions dictate otherwise.
Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email or in writing by post at any time.
It’s your right to get any inaccurate or incomplete information we hold about you amended. If you think the information we hold about you might be wrong or incomplete, just provide us with the details and we will investigate and correct any inaccurate information.
The Right to be Forgotten
It’s your right to request that we delete some or all of your personal information from our system. We will carry out this request as long as there are no legal exceptions preventing us from doing so.
Third Party Websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites.
Changes to this Policy